The Knicks are good again and it may have taken the Yankees being bad for it to happen. What is going on in The Bronx? A 6-11 start, a lack of effort and the bats going cold into the windy night. What can Aaron Boone do differently? Is the cold to blame? Will they turn this thing around?
Lots to get into and we got all your Yankees talk covered on a brand new episode of the “Pinstripe Pod” with Chris Shearn and Jeff Nelson, featuring a chat with the newest NY Post sports columnist, Ian O’Connor.
Pinstripe Pod Opening Segment with Chris, Jeff & Jake:
- NO FIGHT/NO LEADER: Does this Yankees team have a true leader? They are not showing any fight at 6-11 and have shades of the 2016 Yankees. This is unacceptable for the Yankees, especially in a down year for the AL. Looking back to Nellie’s Yankees teams, the leaders they had and holding players accountable.
- GLEYBER TORRES: Aaron Boone got upset at Torres’ lack of effort. Boone needs to send a message to him and bench him for a game.
Ian O’Connor Interview:
NY Post sports columnist
- BOONE’S APPROACH: What can Boone do differently? Will he be on the hot seat at some point this season?
- DESIRE: ’98 Yankees expected to win every game. This team doesn’t have that desire.
- THE POST: Starting with The Post and his trip around various New York/New Jersey newspapers and radio.
Catch up on all episodes of “Pinstripe Pod,” a New York Yankees podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Chris and Jeff on Twitter @ChrisShearnYES and @NYNellie43. New episodes of the show are released Mondays and Thursdays.